Thursday, February 27, 2014

Men lie, and women wear make up

Men and women fall in love so differently. Women fall for what they hear, men fall for what they see.

I read a meme yesterday that said "a whiskey glass and a nice ass will always be man's downfall." I saw another that read "he said I was the one....I lied to get in her pants, it worked."  That sums it up right there.

I have watched many times women fall too hard and too quickly. They invest every ounce of their soul in a relationship long before the trust is earned. I have also witnessed and  experienced men playing the game too get what they want...in her pants. Women!!!!! Wake up!! When will we learn? When will we learn to teach or daughters that before she spreads, make him earn it. Men!!!! Stop letting your sex drive, drive you!!! She's worth getting to know a little better.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying teach our girls to be gold diggers and wait for marriage. I do believe it's good to discover who you are. However, get to know someone. Talk, listen, laugh and then fall in bed. I firmly believe there'd be a ton less unplanned pregnancies, parenting plans, paternity tests and certainly broken hearts.

I am determined to teach my sons that women are valuable creatures. I want to help them see that they need women more than women need them. Men are easy to come by. Women, not so easy. I am set on teaching my daughter that she is worth more than the smooth talk of a southern gentleman. I want her to know that words mean nothing, unless there's action behind them.

I tell my oldest son constantly, "never show up empty handed." I don't care if you take her flowers, wine, chocolate, gum or running shoes, you take her something. Every time. Don't break the bank of course, but show her she means enough to plan ahead. "Take her flowers, and tell that bitch she's beautiful." Flagrant words I know, but he remembers them.  Be willing to tell her in person. A "good morning beautiful" text is anyways nice, but if it's just routine, it's not meaningful.  Tell her how special she is. Don't smother her, but show her she is the most wonderful creature. After all women are fascinating.

I believe this last generation has lost the value in themselves. They've become so self absorbed and consumed by their own lusts and greeds that they use and abuse people to accomplish their own agenda. I pray I can make even a tiny difference in the world by teaching my children morals and values. My moral compass may not anyways point due north, but I'm trying.  I've told my children dozens of times "Men fall in love with what they see, and women fall in love with what they hear. This is why men lie and women wear make up." Bring back the chivalry, take off the layers of paint and be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment